Fellow .NET Users,
Every year we ask the many businesses in Omaha who value .NET technologies and professionals to help fund the Omaha .NET UG for the following year. Every year, this group of organizations step up in a huge way to make our community thrive. Over the years we've enjoyed the support of more than 40 unique organizations in the Omaha metro area. I can't tell you how much their support has meant to this group.
It has always been extremely important to make sure that the Omaha .NET UG remains independent, so it can be community focused. This is why it is important that the group not be sponsored by a single organization. To support this idea, we are going to continue with the lottery system that we started last year. Many of our sponsors have indicated that this approach is much preferred over the previous first-come-first-serve system.
We'll be using the same lottery system that we used last year. Here’s how it works:
- Any company that wants a chance to sponsor the .NET UG in 2024 can choose from 11 months that they would like to sponsor (January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, and December). Sponsors can select the same month more than once, but can only have 11 total entries. These entries need to be received by December 1st at 5:00 PM.
- You can sign up by using the form located here: https://forms.office.com/r/pcjgfMuPi7
- Each entry gives a better chance to be selected for that month.
- On December 4th, we will go through each month and randomly select the name of a sponsor from the list of entries.
- Once a sponsor’s name has been selected for a given month, it will be removed from all other months and we will move to the next month.
- The winners of the lottery will be revealed before end of day on December 4th.
- Winners of the lottery will then pay the $150 sponsorship fee, which needs to be completed by December 15th at 5:00 PM. Details for how to pay will be communicated at that time.
- Any unpaid sponsorships will result in selection of a new sponsor from the list.
To reiterate, here are the important dates:
- December 1st @ 5:00 PM - entries must be received
- December 4th - Winners will be revealed
- December 15th - Payment is due
You might also be wondering what the benefits are of sponsoring a meeting? Here are a few:
- You will increase your visibility to highly talented .NET developers.
- Your company profile will be sent to 1,000+ local .NET developers for the month that you sponsor.
- You will have the opportunity to address the attendees of the meeting and get to know them.
- You build goodwill within the community. Our sponsors are viewed as companies that are connected and have desirable working environments.
There are also a few requirements for sponsoring a meeting. Here’s a comprehensive list:
- For in person meetings, our sponsors provide the food, which is generally pizza but can be anything you like. The cost varies based on what you decide to bring and how many people attend. By using this model, we guarantee that you get what you pay for. Attendance varies based on the topic of the presenter, location, and other community events.
- You can optionally provide a place to host the meeting. Hosting at your location gives people the chance to see your work environment and introduce them to the opportunities you have to offer. If you don't have a room big enough to seat about 50 people, don't worry, we have partnerships with several companies who are very happy to let us use their facility.
- You can optionally provide a speaker for the meeting. There are numerous advantages to having someone from your company speak. The primary advantage is that this person can use the meeting to further describe your company while also providing technical know-how to our members.
I want to reiterate that we are deeply grateful for the excellent support that our sponsors have provided to the user group since it was originally created in 2001. With your help, we’re looking forward to another successful year in 2024.
.NET User's Group Co-Leader
.NET User's Group Co-Leader
Join our slack channel!